× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 "Wings" don't click or snap into place?

Synomenon
Star

RAX200 "Wings" don't click or snap into place?

Do the RAX200's "wings" really not snap or click into place?  They seem to just sit there, unsecured.  I followed the graphic on the stickers found on the wings.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 15
psychopomp123
Luminary

Hi,

The wings of the RAX200 do clip into place - once you flip them open into the vertical position then you push them down slightly until you hear a gentle click. To fold them, you reverse the process. But they do seem a bit flimsy, because even when they're in the locked position they still move about slightly. 

Cheers

Message 2 of 15
Synomenon
Star

I don't hear any "click" when I place them in vertical position then push them down.  There's no resistance or reassurance at all that they'll stay there.

Message 3 of 15
psychopomp123
Luminary

In that case you might have a faulty unit. I suggest asking Netgear if they can send you a replacement under warranty.

Message 4 of 15
RajaDaja
Luminary

Gently push down on each wing, this should lock it in place.
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 5 of 15
Synomenon
Star

As mentioned above, I did push down on the wings.  They do not "lock" into place.  After watching some video unboxings and reviews, this seems to be normal for the RAX200 which is disgraceful for such an expensive router.

Message 6 of 15
RajaDaja
Luminary

Not the norm. Mine work as they should.
Model: CM1000|Ultra-High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS® 3.1 Ready, R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router, RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 7 of 15
Synomenon
Star

Ok, maybe YOURS is.  Go look at some unboxing videos and video reviews.

Message 8 of 15
japierce
Guide

I just bought this router (RAX200)

the wings fold into place then you push them down to lock them?

I hear no click whatsoever, in fact, there is a tiny 2mm gap around the wings when they are fully 'seated' which makes this look sloppy. I can see thru where the wings are supposed to meet the router body.

Can someone anyone confirm they are supposed to click in and lock? (or at least sit flush with the body?) $600 for this thing, it looks rather sloppy, is that a warranty item?

Message 9 of 15
RajaDaja
Luminary

It’s not really a click, but the wings definitely lock into place. There is a slight gap at the base of the wings. I guess it allows for the folding of the wings. My router is set high on shelve. The router works as it should though, so I happy with it.
Message 10 of 15
japierce
Guide

So based on that description would THESE gaps be acceptable?

Seems this is as close to the body as they'll sit.

Did I get one that's out of design spec tolerances?

Message 11 of 15
RajaDaja
Luminary

You could gently push down on each wing, see if that closes the gap a little. My opinion.....it’s designed like that. My gap is about the same as yours.
Message 12 of 15
Synomenon
Star

@japierce wrote:

I just bought this router (RAX200)

the wings fold into place then you push them down to lock them?

I hear no click whatsoever, in fact, there is a tiny 2mm gap around the wings when they are fully 'seated' which makes this look sloppy. I can see thru where the wings are supposed to meet the router body.

Can someone anyone confirm they are supposed to click in and lock? (or at least sit flush with the body?) $600 for this thing, it looks rather sloppy, is that a warranty item?

I can confirm my unit's wings do NOT lock into place.  There is no clicking and locking in place.  They just sit there with a gap all the way around them.

It looks absolutely sloppy for something that costs this much.

Message 13 of 15
japierce
Guide

Ok so I assume this is the best Netgear could do and everyones has an ugly & sloppy gap all the way around each wing. Im assuming if you return for another you'll get the same thing. Also assume if you raised it with Netgear (which I have) they'll just claim thats normal. Yuck. The aesthetics are ruined. Why go 99% of the way Netgear and stop short at the final detail? Ugh.
Message 14 of 15
japierce
Guide

ok so if you look at the wings head on from the front you will see they meet the body of the router nicely on the inside, but they lean in too much or are not properly aligned. I think if you bend the metal hinges outwardly a bit, it will close the gaps on the outside of the wings, thus making them meet the body better.

I did put a ticket into Netgearand they responded 'please contact sales, or the company you purchased the router from'

Helpful.... Smiley Frustrated

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7