× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX200 wired connections locked at about 250+- Mbps on a gigabit line?

Dave_Z
Tutor

RAX200 wired connections locked at about 250+- Mbps on a gigabit line?

As topic states: RAX200 wired connections locked at about 250+- Mbps on a gigabit line?

Judging from my 2 day long internet search, this model, brand and company appearently does not wish to support it. Very sad given the atronomical price tag that was attached to this device. Worse yet I am finding similiar issues to mine dating all the way back to 2019? Seriously what is wrong with this companies tech people? Had anyone had this issue and was able to perminantly resolve it, aside from shipping it back and going with a more grown up comapany of course.

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

how are you testing speed? (wired, wireless, 2.4ghz/5ghz, what site are you using, etc)

Message 2 of 6
Dave_Z
Tutor

Tnx for the fast replay.

Firmware

V1.0.5.126_1.0.65

Modem is the second last one released from rogers and it is set in bridge mode disabling any of its onboard networking.

The Rogers Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited plan.

Used quite a few different speedtests

fast. com

speedtest. net

etc...

System is a home pc. Running Windows10 Pro.

Ran through every combination of settings I could think of, to point that the entire networked was borked at one point last nite and it took 2 reboots to finally get some form of operation again. Wifi signals all seem fine. Can get 600+ easily on our cells and laptops, but on my wired pc it is literally stucked or capped at 250. QOS is off. Not using any funky dual line setups or anything. special. Was getting 900+ easily when I was using the rogers box as my router. But its Wifi capabilitys were absolute crap. This router (RAX200) has amazing Wifi range and speed but anything wired is complete held back. 

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

when I was running the RAX200 it seemed like every other firmware version caused a slowdown on my rax for wired speeds. Sometimes a factory reset fixed it, other times it didn't. I'd emailed the engineers a couple times on it and never got a satisfactory response for why it happened. 

What I eventually ended up doing was going with a CAX80 (in router mode)----->RAX200 (in access point mode)

what you can try doing. 

1. try the factory reset and see if it helps. during the install leave qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls disabled. 

2. if that doesn't help, try downgrading the firmware a version and see if it helps. 

3. another thing you can try is use the rogers modem in router mode and put the netgear in access point mode. You can either disable the wifi on the rogers device or you can leave it on but make sure its on different wifi channels to prevent interference. 

Message 4 of 6
Dave_Z
Tutor

Cheers for that. Whole house is utilizing the web right now, but I will start tinkering a bit more when the the coast is clear. Thanx for the responses.

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7