× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200

Yousef
Tutor

RAX200

Hi,

i do have RAX200 its really has an amazing performance, my question is i want connect an extender like a mesh orbi, i just i dont know which one is the best options for my house becase the router is not enough for my big house i want something to cover the other area of my house, i was looking for Orbi mesh for (example) but its comming with a router.. so i got counfuesd how to extended my wifi coverage.

please advise.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200

You can literally run it like the one in my signature.

modem-----RAX200------Orbi-----orbi satellites. 

Mine works great. I have the RAX for controlling everything as well as peak wireless speeds and then orbi for overall coverage. the orbi is setup in AP mode to prevent a double nat. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You can extend it with something like the EX8000 or EAX80 mesh extenders. They work great but in my experience, they only work when you're using 1. 

When you need more than 1, moving to a full mesh system like orbi is a better plan. 

Message 2 of 11
Yousef
Tutor

1 is not enough for example if i want to move to orbi, orbi does have 1 router while i do have RAX200 i dont want to replace it with Orbi router does the orbi system will works as  wifi extender ?

Message 3 of 11
plemans
Guru

You can literally run it like the one in my signature.

modem-----RAX200------Orbi-----orbi satellites. 

Mine works great. I have the RAX for controlling everything as well as peak wireless speeds and then orbi for overall coverage. the orbi is setup in AP mode to prevent a double nat. 

Message 4 of 11
TerryPh
Virtuoso

My house is 2 -story brick walled house. ( old   Craftman built  in the early 1900's) ,  about  2800 sq ft, and a separate garage structure with guest house about 100 feet away

So , my network finally work well as far as extending the WiFi signal throughout the house and the garage.

Modem -->RAX120--> RBS40V2 ( as an extender)

--> EX7300  as an extender  for both 2.4g and 5g signals.

The network system works so well, particularly eliminating the deadpots in my house effectively.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 11
lmanpunk
Star

I would not recommend the RAX200.  The wireless drops multiple times a day.  The  wifi completely disappears for a few minutes. There are also times when the performance is extremely slow.  Overpriced paper weight.  My r7000 is 100 times better. Netgear pushing out unproven hardware, making the consumer beta testers.  

Message 6 of 11
Yousef
Tutor

this is the best idea and options i can take it as well, thanks for giving me the best hint till now.

i really appricate it 

Message 7 of 11
Yousef
Tutor

the extender +mesh will works perfectly the problem i do have in my house is an old design and its tottaly not in on line link modern houses, that why i got stuck on how to mange it.

thanks alot

Message 8 of 11
Yousef
Tutor

i got your points, but there is something you have to understand about the wireless dont keep it enable in smart mode as i got if your device not use to be compitable with smart mode it will keep disconnected  100 times per days becuase its not compitable to be stable in smart mode my devices is not stableable so i disable this mode and its now working perfectly stable and better than my olds router for sure, keep it up to date also.

Regards,

Message 9 of 11
lmanpunk
Star

I dont use smart mode.  I would have hoped the RAX200 could have handled all my devices but it handles them worse than my R7000

Message 10 of 11
Yousef
Tutor

its strange you are the first one saying that maybe u need to replac it with the warrenty  sometimes its come faulty from the company before i used to replace it manytime maybe you have something wrong from the factory, because mine it working and handle the devices perfectly.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7