× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX30 Port forwarding

stevepski
Aspirant

RAX30 Port forwarding

Just upgraded from an R7000 to an RAX30 (due to unrelated wi-fi issues). Hosting an ARK server - ports were forwarded on the R7000, worked for years. Forwarded ports on the RAX30, cannot access game server. Same exact settings as the R7000. Pulling my hair out. Checked with canyouseeme.org

Router firmware V1.0.7.78_1

Message 1 of 11
microchip8
Master

Re: RAX30 Port forwarding

Online port checks need a service running on your port to report it as open.. Otherways they report stealth/closed
Message 2 of 11
stevepski
Aspirant

ARK server is running on the target PC, waited 10 minutes to make sure it was up. Tried resetting the router. Re-forwarded the ports. Canyouseeme.org still shows connection timed out.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is uPnP disabled on the router? 

Message 4 of 11
stevepski
Aspirant

The RAX30 is connected only to my Motorola MB7621 modem. (Xfinity ISP)

I have tried uPnP enabled and not enabled. Should this make a difference?

Last night I disconnected the RAX30 and re-connected my old AC1900. Everything worked perfectly (except for the 5GHz phone connection, which is why I chose to replace the router in the first place).

Never needed to use DMZ or change any settings on the PC firewall with the previous router. I could see my ARK server and connect to it. Disconnected the AC1900, re-connected the RAX30, performed a factory reset, forwarded my ports, re-booted my ARK server, and nope - could not see it or connect to it through the internet selections. But I found out that I could see my server on the LAN portion of the ARK screen, but not on the internet side. So I can play on my server, just nobody outside of my home network.

Message 5 of 11
iyang
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @stevepski ,

What's port forwarding rule you setup in RAX30 ?

Thanks.

Message 6 of 11
stevepski
Aspirant

I have attached a picture with the ARK server setup and my RAX30 settings. These are the exact same settings I used on my previous R7000/AC1900 router. Is there a setting somewhere to actually turn on the port forwarding? Or just add these rules?

Message 7 of 11
microchip8
Master

If port forwarding isn't working for you, why not put the server in DMZ?
Message 8 of 11
stevepski
Aspirant

I tried that, but I'm really not familiar enough with DMZ to know if I did it correctly. But the thing that really puzzles me is that my old Netgear router (R7000) did not need it, that router forwarded my ports easily. Nothing else has changed except the router.

Message 9 of 11
ujwald
Aspirant

@stevepski Were you able to resolve this? I'm having a similar issue with Destiny 2. Works fine with old router but not the RAX29 (same as RAX30).

Message 10 of 11
ujwald
Aspirant

I was able to resolve my issues by disabling UPNP and enabling port forwarding.

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7