× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35-100NAS Router keeps intermittently dropping FIOS Internet service

IrishPHL215
Follower

RAX35-100NAS Router keeps intermittently dropping FIOS Internet service

Has anyone else had the luxury of deal with Netgear's so-called "technical support" team recently? I am on my 20th call on hold in which every call before hand I ended up being hung up on. One time I received a call back, as they promise every time you will get a call back if diconnected when verifying your information at beginning of the call. I'm having numerous config issues getting their gear to work appropriately, and level 1 support just keeps putting me on hold to speak to level 2 support and then they come back and say oh well you can't do that in which I have to say I assure you that your product does do what I'm saying it does and I have to point them to the exact page in the product user manual where it walks you through the configurations. If this is not hte most ridiculous thing ever been called technical support I'm not sure what is. Even after all of this they refuse to transfer my call to a level 2 support person because they're saying they won't accept my calls. Since when do they get to decide what support calls they will and won't take? This is the craziest thing I've eve rheard of in my life. I'm praying that an executive that works here sees this and I get some kind of assistance.

Long story short I have fios internet, put fios router into bridge mode, attached RAX35-100NAS router as primary WIFI router and put the FIOS router in bridge mode behind that. On the second floor I have a nighthawk r6700v2 router. This router I plan on using in wifi bridge mode (page 186 in the user manual incase anyones interested and saying it can't happen). So after about 100 tries and tweaks to the router configuration I finally got it to accept the RAX35-100NAS WIFI as the primary internet connection for that router. You would think it'd be simple from here, just plug in the devices to the R6700v2 and enjoy your internet, but that is not the case. There seems to be 2 ongoing issues that I cannot get assistance with

1) The primary FIOS connection on the RAX35-100NAS keeps intermittantly dropping, I mean maybe intermittantly is the wrong word, I mean constantly. If you leave the computer connected to it for 20 minutes by the time you get back it will have lost the internet connection. It ends up coming back but it is in fact a major inconvenience and should not be happening. It should be maintaining the internet connection because it's always been sturdy.

2) The r6700v2 in WIFI Bridge mode (already configured and actively using WIFI internet from RAX35 before you say it can't be done, also check page 186 of user manual again) however, the internal ethernet switch on the router is not assigning any IP addresses. All the lights across the damn router are all saying good active connections across the board but it keeps assigning self assigned IP addresses to my Gigabit card!!! Needless to say this is a problem.

I feel like I've hurdled the most difficult challenges in between the 30 support calls over the past 24-48 hours myself but I'm in desperate need to get this resolsved now Please advise who can assist!

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX35-100NAS Router keeps intermittently dropping FIOS Internet service

Hello IrishPHL215, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and your most recent case number. I'd like to assist with our support team reaching out to you.

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7