× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX35-100NAS

crewsn01
Tutor

RAX35-100NAS

I need help with conncecting to my my Nighthawk AX4.  Work computer can't see my wifi.  Unable to make it find it.

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions

@schumaku wrote:

...the device makers are often years behind.

Especially when it comes to chipset drivers for embedded devices that are built into the motherboard.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 8

All Replies

@crewsn01 wrote:

I need help with conncecting to my my Nighthawk AX4.  Work computer can't see my wifi.  Unable to make it find it.

Can other devices see your wifi?

What is this work computer?

Message 2 of 8
crewsn01
Tutor

Yes, my personal laptops, phone and tablets but my work laptop (Dell) cannot see my router. I replaced my old router with a new one and when I try to see available wifi networks, my wifi router does not show up or appear.  I do not know how to make it available for selection.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 8

@crewsn01 wrote:

Yes, my personal laptops, phone and tablets but my work laptop (Dell) cannot see my router.

This tells that there is nothing wrong with your router. It is doing its job and sending out wifi.

The problem is on the receiving end.

Work laptops are sometimes locked down so that they cannot get into "unsafe" networks. (I have even seen "superglued USB ports on government PCs.) ) If it cannot even see the wifi from the router, maybe that's the problem.

Ask the people at work. They supplied the thing.

Have you tried plugging the laptop into the router? That would confirm that it is the wifi behind the problem.

Message 4 of 8
crewsn01
Tutor

Yes I have hard wire it and can get to the internet but swithching it back wifi will not allow it to show up.  Saw another thread on this site and they mentioned that it may be the network adapter not being the latest and would require another adapter to be installed or updated. Tried that but I do not have administrative rights to allow the download. Will have to contact work IT again and see if they can do it and see if that will allow it to find my router.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8

Maybe they just need to update the drivers for the laptop's wifi. Again, nothing to do with the router.

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Older Intel wireless module drivers are known for not able to recognize WiFi 6 (AX) wireless access points. Ensure you get the current drivers from Intel - the device makers are often years behind.

Message 7 of 8

@schumaku wrote:

...the device makers are often years behind.

Especially when it comes to chipset drivers for embedded devices that are built into the motherboard.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7