× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX35/40 (firmware: V1.0.3.80_1.0.1) issues SSID, PPPoE

fryon1031
Initiate

RAX35/40 (firmware: V1.0.3.80_1.0.1) issues SSID, PPPoE

I upgraded the firmware to V1.0.3.80_1.0.1 today and many things went wrong...

1) I am unable to change the SSID in admin mode (192.168.1.1)

I change the SSID names & passwords for both 2G and 5G and when I click on 'apply' nothing happens...

2) I use PPPoE for my internet connection and I am unable to change 'Connection Mode' to 'Always On' from 'Dial on Demand.' I tried changing this multiple times using 4 different PC/smartphones and still failed. I couldn't get the internet to work because I wasn't able to change this 'Dial on Demand' to 'Always On.' So I tried the Nighthawk mobile app and luckily it worked but the Nighthawk is so buggy and the app itself has a lot of issues...

3) This whole fiasco started when I updated to new firmware and when I accidentally activated the QoS. This led online gaming to be very laggy with an unstable connection. I was not able to uncheck QoS since nothing happens when I click on 'apply' just like the issue mentioned in 1).

What's going on with these guys? How long has this been going on? and I'm wondering if there's any good solution to change the SSID without issues since I cannot do it through admin mode (192.168.1.1) or through the Nighthawk app.

Please help..

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello fryon1031, 

May you revert back to the previous firmware version and let me know if there is any improvement.

Thanks,
Christian 

Message 2 of 4
fryon1031
Initiate

Downgrading the firmware worked but I had spent more than 3 hours trying to get this set up with the newest firmware. I suggest that you check all the features before releasing a new firmware.

Message 3 of 4
ob123
Initiate

Reverting back to older firmware fixes the issues with WIFI disconnect. Waiting for Netgrear to fix the problem with next firmware version. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7