× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX35 (AX3000) causing frequent disconnects over WiFII

cbondre
Tutor

RAX35 (AX3000) causing frequent disconnects over WiFII

Hello Netgear

I had purchased and installed RAX35 (AX3000) router in Dec 2019. It worked fine for past 5 months and in early June had the firmware upgraded to latest V1.0.3.80_1.0.1. Past 3 weeks i have seen that the WiFII suddently shuts down and i have to power off router and wait few mins and then power on the router. Then the WiFII shows up for both 2.4 G and 5 G and it works well.

This has been occuring more frequently last few days and i am worried with all family at home and kids taking online classess / exams if this occurs in day , it could create problem. 

Can any one help me with possible remedy for the above OR  is this a know issue with the particular model and whats the sollution ?

Thx

Shekhar

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10
microchip8
Master

Sounds like a firmware problem. Downgrade to the last known working version

Message 2 of 10
plemans
Guru

prior to the downgrade, I'd try a simple factory reset and reinstall. the RAX devices have responded well to factory reset and reinstall after firmware changes. 

Message 3 of 10
CLBTuco
Star

Hi.  Have the RAX40 with V1.0.3.80_1.0.1, having same problem.  Purchased in March 2020.  Just had to reboot the router to get WIFI back.  Really don't want to restore back 1 firmware version, it took me weeks to get everything connnected and working.  Hopefully there is a firmware or option fix.

Thanks

Message 4 of 10
CLBTuco
Star

I should have searched, looks like issue is being tracked here (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX40-Firmware-1-0-3-80-Crash-Bug-...).  Trying some of the option changes suggested.

Message 5 of 10
kvik369
Guide

anyone having any luck?

Message 6 of 10
UpsetCustomer98
Initiate

I am having the exact same problem since the latest firmware upgrade.   The router stops working multiple times a day and I have to power it down and back up. It then works for a while and then stops again. I did a hard reset and set everything back up and it worked for a short while and started the same thing again where it quits multiple times a day.  I am now going to be forced to buy another router. I assure you it won't be Netgear.

Message 7 of 10
kvik369
Guide

previous firmware doesnt crash wifi but access control is buggy  I agree with buying another non netgear router   Any suggestions?

Message 8 of 10
SN1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchased this router in March 2020; worked through May brilliantly. After installing the latest firmware in June, the router started crashing- needed frequent rebooting, started forgetting passwords, etc. Created a case with Netgear; after multiple attempts to resolve the issue over the phone and quite a few wasted hours, the router was exchanged for a new one. Exactly the same problems with the new one, which forced me to purchase another router because this one was not reliable and the wife and I work from home. I would like to have this one fixed, though, because it was a great router before the update. I read that it is possible to switch back to the old firmware version. How is this done? It might be a good solution until a new firmware version comes up. Thank you!

Message 9 of 10
er65nsunny
Guide

I was having the same problem.  Could not figure it out.  Then I noticed my phone was only showing NETGEAR24-5G for the wifi channel no NETGEAR24.  I logged into the router aqnd checked the wireless names and both the 2.4G and 5G were both labeled as NETGEAR24.   I managed to get the 5G to change to NETGEAR24-5G and it seems to work now. Hope it stays this way.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7