× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35 - Bricked after installing the latest firmware

darkneil14
Aspirant

RAX35 - Bricked after installing the latest firmware

After installing the latest firmware on my RAX35 at first the wifi won't turn and then i did restart, now it won't even connect to the internet and wifi is also not turning on. I am unable to configure it using wired ethernet because it requires internet which the router it self can't connect. I have my other router that has no problem connecting to internet via my ISP's modem.

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX35 - Bricked after installing the latest firmware

What modem is it connecting to? 

What are the led's on it doing? 

You don't need internet to access the routers gui. You should be able to connect/navigate by hardwiring into it. 

What firmware did you try to install? Did you do it via the app or hardwired? (I'd recommend hardwired for firmware updates)

Have you just tried starting over and factory resetting? Pushing and holding the reset button for 7-15 seconds while its powered on? 

Message 2 of 7
darkneil14
Aspirant

Message 3 of 7
darkneil14
Aspirant

The firmware i installed is RAX35-V1.0.3.80_1.0.1
I did the update wired.
I tried resetting multiple times and did not helped at all.

The modem is a fiber modem, i am connected to it's ethernet port.

When I go to router gui and it keeps on doing the internet check.
Tried going to basicsetting.htm but it is not found see attached.

Message 4 of 7
plemans
Guru

Which fibre modem is it? this is key as many are fibre modems with an integrated router. Which can cause issues when using the routerlogin address. 

If you disconnect it from the fibre modem, reboot the router,  and then connect to it, does it work (for accessing)?

Message 5 of 7
darkneil14
Aspirant

I don’t exactly know but I have another router that i am using and it has no problem connecting to the internet when I use it, so I highly doubt that the fiber modem is the problem, I restarted the fiber modem quite few times as well and still my nighthawk won’t connect to the internet and when I tried connecting my other non-netgear router it connects instantly to the internet without a problem.
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

some fibre gateways or gateway/routers need specific settings. Its why i asked for a model number. 

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7