× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX35 setting up with existing Windstream wifi

Rhojo
Aspirant

RAX35 setting up with existing Windstream wifi

I am trying to set up the NETGEAR model #RAX 35 with existing Windstream WiFi. Anybody help?
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you're using your windstream as the primary router you'd want to put the RAX in AP (access point mode) or you'll be in a double nat. 
Your other option is to place the windstream router in passthrough/modem only mode. You'd want to contact windstream to arrange that as they'll be the experts on their device. 

The support site has manuals, install guides, install videos, etc. Its a good resource. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rax35.aspx

Message 2 of 4
Rhojo
Aspirant

I really don’t know what to do. What the best is. I am no good at this stuff. I called Windstream to see if I could use the router. They never offered to help me and I couldn’t hardly understand they guy anyway. He did say it was compatible.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you struggle figure it out, probably the easiest solution is to place the RAX in AP mode. 

You can disable the wireless on the windstream box but it isn't necessary. 

Use the manual from the support site and it walks you through setting up AP mode. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7