× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX35

crewsn01
Tutor

RAX35

New problem with the RAX35 again.  I have purchased a new Arlo Video doorbell and I have tried for the last 3 days to get it to connect to this router with no luck and seems when I try to connect the router appears to disconnect.  I tried one of my older routers (Netgear) and it connects so I know it is not the doorbell.  I also tried to the guest wifi and it will also not connect.  If anyone has experience with this issue I sure would appreciate advice to get it connected.  I have not called Netgear yet. Thanks

Message 1 of 10
plemans
Guru

I know the Arlo doorbell will connect with AX device because I've connected to my RAX with my arlo doorbell. But when I setup my doorbell the first time, I was running on a standard AC router (orbi) and then upgraded to the RAX later. So if you still have the old router, set it up using that and make sure your using the same ssid as your new RAX. That way when you power off the old router and turn the RAX back on, it'll be searching for that ssid. 

A little bit of a work around.

A different option you could try would be to disable the AX feature on the router. If you do this, make sure to reboot the router after you disable it and save the setting. Sometimes this helps. 

Message 2 of 10
crewsn01
Tutor

Thanks for the reply but none of these options worked.  The Arlo Video Doorbell still could not find the router.  Still need help in resolving this issue.  3 days is too long to be trying different options to make this router connect.

Message 3 of 10
labatt
Mentor

Have you contacted Arlo support? There is a support phone number on their site, unlike Netgear router support.

Message 4 of 10
crewsn01
Tutor

They were not available during the holidays but I will try today to see if they can provide any information on how to make it work.  From the posts on their site, they are not very tech savy when it comes to these types issues and ends up taking 3 or 4 attempts and several days. But I will try today. Thanks,

Message 5 of 10
crewsn01
Tutor

My issue with this router is still not resolved.  Netgear has not responded with a fix.  I have since contacted Arlo Support and worked with them for 3 hours on the phone to no avail. The Arlo Video Doorbell will still not connect to this router.  I have since replace this router with a new one and still it will not connect to the doorbell.  During setup of the doorbell it disconnects and says my WiFi is diconnected as it tries to find the WiFi Router.   Still need Support Help.

Message 6 of 10

@labatt wrote:

Have you contacted Arlo support? There is a support phone number on their site, unlike Netgear router support.

Official support is also generally more responsive on-line over on the Arlo community.

Arlo Smart Home Security - Arlo Communities

Message 7 of 10
crewsn01
Tutor

Yes, I have contacted Arlo Support and was on the phone for over 3 hours trying different options and settings and none worked.  Tech support took the issue back to there Engineers and worked on possible solutions all week.  They called me this Friday and we tried some more settings and none of those worked.  Right now they are saying the the Netgear RAX35 and probably the 40 are not compatible with Arlo devices!  They will continue to try and determine why they are not compatible.

As a last effort Friday night, I hooked up my upstairs WiFi Extender (Netgear) and brought it downstairs and linked it with the RAX35 Router.  Changed my phone settings to the WiFi Extender and typed in the Extender's WiFi name with the RAX35 password and it CONNECTED!  It is connected and working but only with the Netgear Extender.  There is clearly a compatibility issue with this router!  Arlo Support stated they will continue to try and resolve.

Message 8 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello crewsn01, 

I've forwarded the information to our engineering team and I'll update the thread as soon as I can. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 9 of 10
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @crewsn01

May you try the following and let me know if the issue persists. 

1. May you try disabling/enabling smart connect to see if the issue persists. 

2. Please visit the admin page and change the wireless settings of the 2.4GHz mode to 54Mbps.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7