× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35

Mcgc
Follower

RAX35

I just want to know if this Router works with Spectrum....which, gave me a router and modem....but, the wifi signal keeps saying it is weak for my outdoor camera.  I tried to use this new Router from Netgear.....the cables do not fit properly.  I do not want to return it unless I just can't use it with my present equipment.  Plus, I don't think I should have to buy boosters when with my last internet provider I didn't need them.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX35

@Mcgc wrote:

I just want to know if this Router works with Spectrum....which, gave me a router and modem..---how are you connecting everything? Are you taking the spectrum router out and keeping the modem? What actual models is it? ..but, the wifi signal keeps saying it is weak for my outdoor camera.---Is that impacting its performance? Problem with outdoor cameras is the exterior wall. it tends to have materials that block wifi like brick, concrete, foil lined insulation, metal/concrete siding. These block wifi well. Sometimes moving routers laterally helps more than moving them closer when it comes to line of sight.   I tried to use this new Router from Netgear.....the cables do not fit properly.-----Which cables? The RAX35 is a router only device, not a modem. But you should be able to use your modem from spectrum and connect it to the RAX without issues. And it should work.   I do not want to return it unless I just can't use it with my present equipment. ---it shoud work with your equipment if setup properly and in the right configuration. I've setup a lot of routers connecting to spectrum modems.  Plus, I don't think I should have to buy boosters when with my last internet provider I didn't need them.----tough to tell you when you don't tell us what you had before. If your last provider used a mesh system like the xfi pods, its going to be a mesh system. And you don't say what your exterior walls is. Or even what area you live in. A outdoor camera that is only 2.4ghz might just need to be switched to a different channel that has less interference. Tough to know with minimal info. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7