× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 Firmware 1.0.3.80 Crash/Bug Log

itsmehuey
Luminary

@carminea that's not entirely true.. there are folks here who are associated with netgear, eg. @Dustin_V @Christian_R 

Message 151 of 390
rax40user
Tutor

The hardware verson of my replacement RAX40 is R1.05

Message 152 of 390
carminea
Star

Well if that were the case why is nothing being done. Needs to be complained about more on social media to prevent others from losing money, time, and headaches. School kids are missing out on virtual learning since Covid-19 started
Message 153 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

@carminea wrote:
Well if that were the case why is nothing being done. Needs to be complained about more on social media to prevent others from losing money, time, and headaches. School kids are missing out on virtual learning since Covid-19 started

it's not that nothing is being done. as you can see, some people are getting replacements (albeit, exactly the same hardware revision) and others are also being provided with test versions of a firmware update. however, what i was complaining about is the lack of transparency to us users when they know for a fact that this issue is widespread and affecting EVERYONE who updates to the latest firmware.

Message 154 of 390
carminea
Star

Part problem is the netgear nighthawk app is forcing people to upgrade. When one logs into the app it tells you update and you cannot go further.
Message 155 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

My netgear nighthawk app does not force me to update. It tells me that an update is available but does not force me to download/install it, and am able to continue using the other features. I have turned off automatic updating if that makes a difference.

Message 156 of 390
jaf2020
Aspirant

Acknowledgement that there is an issue and that a fix is under development would go a very long way... instead, it is months of radio silence. That leaves me with the sense that this is not a priority for Netgear.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 157 of 390
carminea
Star

Well maybe like this article says and many others on the internet, it might be just junk that they cannot fix it

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/netgear-routers-no-fixes
Message 158 of 390
benoit_fr
Apprentice

Hello all,

Just for you to know, I just sent an email to the support saying that I had no issue with the beta firmware since a bit more than a week BUT, I had to remove the AX mode from the wifi setting.... 

Hope this will help them to publish a new stable FW and fix this issue.

Message 159 of 390
kvik369
Guide

Im confused - if you "had to remove the AX mode" , isnt there still an issue?

Message 160 of 390
benoit_fr
Apprentice

sorry for my bad english, I reformulate 😉

No issues with the lastest beta firware using only AC wifi mode. No AX mode.

Message 161 of 390
christer12
Star

How do I contact support through mail? Want do try the new beta. All bugs with the router is so annoying Cat Mad

Message 162 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

Where are the likes of @Christian_R and co, who actually are affiliated with Netgear? Can you guys PLEASE make this a priority? Even provide us poor folks with access to the beta instead of making us all individually go down the route of contacting the support team only to have to continue to repeat ourselves about the problem and potentially get no where?

Message 163 of 390
carminea
Star

Nobody listening here. Go to social media. Try there Facebook page. Word needs to get out, atleast to help others before they make a netgear purchase. Prevent more people from losing time and money
Message 164 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

Message 165 of 390
benoit_fr
Apprentice

The support closed my ticket today. I told them that I had no issue with Beta Firmware in the situation were the AX Mode was desactivated. They concluded that the case was solved ! 🙂 🙂 So  I answered the closed ticket survey asking not for a remplacement but a fully functionnal firmware or a voucher in order to purchase another netgear working product. We'll see. Else I will switch to a cheap chinese Wifi 6 product on which I can install openwrt if expensive products are not anymore reliable ...

Message 166 of 390
kvik369
Guide

Im getting ready to buy a TP-Link

Message 167 of 390
dmwalsh
Aspirant

Hi there, having the same problem with my router, dropouts, what can be downe to fix this?

Message 168 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

@dmwalsh wrote:

Hi there, having the same problem with my router, dropouts, what can be downe to fix this?

if you read through all of the threads and posts pertaining to this issue that everyone is having, the only things that can be done:

• return the router if you are able to (most suggested option as this router is absolute garbage)
  • keep the router and revert the firmware to the previous version until Netgear fixes the firmware and releases a new version of it (don't keep your hopes up for this to happen any time soon).
Message 169 of 390
benoit_fr
Apprentice

I decided to return the router today. Fed up with issues on firmwares. This product should not be available anymore. There's clearly a conception problem since there are regular FW issues. Bye netgear. 

Message 170 of 390
itsmehuey
Luminary

I really wish I could return mine....
Message 171 of 390
carminea
Star

Good move, plenty of other companies out there
Message 172 of 390
ANOAK
Aspirant

How were you able to get a replacement? I've been calling customer support since July and they still will not issue me a replacement. I've been on a wild goosechase with them, spending 12+ hours in total on the phone with their customer support team. After 3 months and lots of mis-information, I finally reached an L2 technician and I thought all of my problems would be solved because all calls leading up to that indicated an L2 would be the one to issue a replacement... only to find out L2 can't do that. Is there a magic word I --- just lost connection again---

Message 173 of 390
carminea
Star

Open up a warranty case online. They will send you info
Message 174 of 390
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

My router with 1.0.3.80 recently locked up at an inopportune time. About a week earlier I switched to a wired connection but the router still completely froze up on me dropping all connections including LAN. I checked the modem and it didn't show an active LAN connection on the RAX Ethernet cable. I had to power cycle the router. In addition to the random disconnects, I also randomly get this router freeze.

Today I downgraded the firmware back to 1.0.3.62 and reset the router. I'm now using AX once again so I should know in less than a week if the downgrade helps with stability. In reviewing the Netgear discussion boards, I see several Nighthawk router models from RAX35 to RAX120 reporting disconnects. I'm wondering if there is a common feature or configuration causing the issue.

Message 175 of 390
Top Contributors
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7