× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX40 Just Stopped Working

lz26
Initiate

RAX40 Just Stopped Working

I have the RAX40 for over a year and overall it’s been fine but last night it stopped broadcasting WiFi and a quick reboot solved the issue but all day today it has not worked. I have tried resetting the router and setting it up from scratch and it won’t save any settings and keep the default SSIDs and passwords. Has anyone had this issue? Is this potentially a firmware issue?
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

Re: RAX40 Just Stopped Working

I have a RAX35 with firmware 1.0.3.80_1.0.1 and several times it has locked up on me requiring a reboot. A few times I had 5Ghz go down and I was only able to use 2.4Ghz until I rebooted. You might find the RAX40 Firmware 1.0.3.80 Crash/Bug Log discussion helpful. 

Message 2 of 5
itsmehuey
Luminary

This is a very common issue which is plaguing everyone who’s updated to the latest firmware available to the public. We are now awaiting the new firmware which is currently being tested but God know when we’ll be seeing it. Netgear are so utterly crap with support and bug fixes.
Message 3 of 5
rax40user
Tutor

Same here. It's not a stable device. Pretty strange Netgear didn't provide a solution until now. I did the factory reset, turn off AX, no help. Netgear replaced one for me, but now I'm worried to use it again. All the Netgear devices I used before NEVER have such problem.

Message 4 of 5
lz26
Initiate

Thanks everyone! Glad to know it wasn't just me. I downgraded the firmware to the previous release and it worked perfectly.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7