× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 - Keep having to reset.

Appleton
Initiate

RAX40 - Keep having to reset.

First time here, so here goes. I have been having issues with loosing my WiFi. I have changed out the Modem and it happened the next day again. This unit is only 5 months old. Did I get a bad one. It started a while ago but just once. Then a couple of weeks later. Then a week late and then twice in 24 hrs. I am not positive but I think it said I had a validation error whenn I trid to reconnect before resetting. I will pay closer attention next time it happens. I have been trying to contact Netgear about a possible warranty replacement but trying to get ahold of them is impossible. This unit wasn't cheap and I am not very impressed by their web site or support. The cheap one I had from Walmart did almost as good job and didn't need resetting all the time.

Any ideas?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

@Appleton wrote:

I have been having issues with loosing my WiFi. I have changed out the Modem and it happened the next day again.

We could use a bit more information.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router, if there is one. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

@Appleton wrote:

I am not positive but I think it said I had a validation error whenn I trid to reconnect before resetting. I will pay closer attention next time it happens.

That's a new error on me. We could use an accurate description of the message.

@Appleton wrote:

I have been trying to contact Netgear about a possible warranty replacement but trying to get ahold of them is impossible.

Do that through the mynetgear link (see above). Register the device and start the RMA process.

Message 2 of 3
Appleton
Initiate

Thanks for responding. Sorry it has taken so long to reply to your request for information.

My Firmware Version is v1.3.80_1.0.1.

My Modem is from Spectrum. It is Model E31T2V1, DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA, Input 12Vdc, 1.875A.

I have tried resetting it using the app. but I have noticed my download speeds were very low before I reset and then they went up to where they should be. The next morning when I checked they were way down again. The time of day and number of users does not seem to affect this issue.

Should I be doing a factory reset? Or do you think there is an issue with the Router or Firmware. Any help is greatly apprecaited!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7