× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router

R-M-H
Aspirant

RAX40 — Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router

After the latest firmware update, my router sporadically stops broadcasting networks.  I have called tech support several times and have gotten nowhere.  No issues on the carrier line and I have factory defaulted the router but still the issue continues.  Anyone else having trouble?

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi R-M-H, 

May you send me a private message with your case number(s) and contact info and I can see if I can get your case escalated. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
Erwin_Jong
Aspirant

Any news on this topic. I flashed the latest firmware on this AP right after purchasing but no client is seeing the SSID while it is not hidden.

Can i otherwise flash an older firmware again to see if that works better ?

Message 3 of 7
R-M-H
Aspirant

Has this been resolved? I’m hesitant to upgrade firmware.
Message 4 of 7
itsmehuey
Luminary

@R-M-H wrote:

no it has not. Beta firmware is still in works and being tested. I'm currently using the beta firmware and it's been good for the most part. Awaiting response back from L2 support rep working on my case regarding further tweaks required to the firmware as I did encounter an initial WIFI drop and issues logging into the router admin/debug console..

Message 5 of 7
cpapy541
Aspirant

Any updates I am also having this issueas of 11-12-20, works good for a couple days then I have to reboot the router. Annoying. only since last firmware update

@itsmehuey wrote:

@R-M-H wrote:

no it has not. Beta firmware is still in works and being tested. I'm currently using the beta firmware and it's been good for the most part. Awaiting response back from L2 support rep working on my case regarding further tweaks required to the firmware as I did encounter an initial WIFI drop and issues logging into the router admin/debug console..

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
itsmehuey
Luminary

@cpapy541 wrote:

Any updates I am also having this issueas of 11-12-20, works good for a couple days then I have to reboot the router. Annoying. only since last firmware update

@itsmehuey wrote:

@R-M-H wrote:

I've provided the netgear support rep with my feedback and they said they've routed it back to engineering team.. it's all in their hands now, to release an updated firmware for public release.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7