× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 RMA - What am I supposed to use?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RAX40 RMA - What am I supposed to use?

I finally got an RMA approved for this ever faulty RAX40 in exchange for a RAX43. However Netgear wants me to ship them the router before they send me the RAX43. What am I supposed to do in the meantime? Due to COVID, my household works from home, we need Wi-Fi on a continuous basis. Is there a way Netgear ships me the replacement first so that I can continue to work? 

Message 1 of 8
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

They did offer you the other 2 options to be fair where they ship a router to you and hold your card details in case you don't ship the old router back and if that was to happen you will be charged for a new router.

To be fair that's not unreasonable as you can imagine they can't just send routers out free of charge in the hope a customer is playing by the rules. 

I would contact support and have them send out a replacement or check your online account as I believe you can select the options there if RMA has been given approval. 

Message 2 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

But those two other options included shipping fees that I don't need to pay. And the options page didn't specify that I'd be without a router. Look, I dealt with companies like Kwikset that sent me $199 worth deadbolts as replacements as you can imagine you wouldn't want your front door without a lock but with the pandemic situation is the same. I'll check the RMA status.
Message 3 of 8
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Personally I think I would have paid the postage if I was desperate then returned my router once the new one arrived. 

I think my XR500 that I returned as it had a WiFi issue was in all 3 days, I sent it back on an overnight delivery and I received my replacement on an overnight. 
I can understand that's it's not the ideal situation to be in and the annoyance that this has happened particularly with the current issues we all face.

Message 4 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Not really a desperation situation, it is about how you run a business with proper customer service. I totally understand that if I had somehow messed this router up all by myself and they were at no fault, then yes, it is on me. Overnight was expensive on top of the money I spent on the router, no! We shouldn't have to and Netgear should account for these types of losses if it is such a financial burden on them.

Funny situation here though;

Here is the RMA status. 

Type:Standard Swap Exchange
Product:RAX43-100NAS
Shipped:False

Somehow it is cancelled but I received no communication so far.

Message 5 of 8
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

The best action is to contact support again to see what's going on. 

Fingers crossed it gets sorted for you.

Message 6 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thank you, hoping for a refund however I am okay with a RAX43 at the moment if I I could get that first shipped to me.

Message 7 of 8
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Bit the bullet and upgraded the RMA. 17 bucks for them to send the unit first and then include a shipping label also. Should have been free but oh well. Finally getting a working router with all features

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7