× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX40 disconnects everything and I have to reboot

Smbde
Follower

RAX40 disconnects everything and I have to reboot

Only happens when I'm not home. My smart things app will notify me it disconnected. Try to remote manage the router. Says it's offline. I get home and every device hardwired and wireless can not connect. I reboot the router and everything connects back instantly. It happens randomly and is frustrating for when I get home I have to immediately reboot the router. Anyone run in to this as well? 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX40 disconnects everything and I have to reboot

Hello Smbde - I'd like for you to get in contact with support for further investigation. When you get a chance, please send me a message with your contact info and serial number. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Rustam
Aspirant

Hello.. Really freaking frustrating problem. 
Ive recently gotten myself a RAX40 router in hope to improve my internet, and it does... at times. 
80% of the time when i get home, all of my connected devices have been disconnected and cannot connect. Therefor i have to reboot the router. 
Sometims it disconnects even when im on the PC at home, and i like to play some games etc., and bummmmm there goes the mood, because it decided to disconnect again, and it takes like 17 years to reboot it again.......
help please or ill return it sooner or later

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Rustam, 

If you recently purchased your device, please note that your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support from the date of purchase. You may use the following link to get in contact with our support team. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7