× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 dropping internet connection

itsmehuey
Luminary

OK after weeks and numerous follow ups to my L2 support representative, they finally have another beta for me to test.. RAX40-V1.0.3.83_1.0.10 dated 4th November 2020

I'll be testing and monitoring over the course of the week and will report back my findings and experience with the update.

Message 51 of 58
Chana88
Apprentice

Ok pal keep us posted mine is still stable only rebooted once and that was cos isp dropped out

Message 52 of 58
denperss
Aspirant

Any solutions to this issue ??
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 53 of 58
itsmehuey
Luminary

only solution is if you have warranty and still have 90 day "complimentary" support - file a case with them to get a replacement (to new RAX40v2 or RAX43). If no way to raise a case with them, you're unfortunately screwed like 90% of us who are unable to raise a support case or have been denied a replacement because Netgear doesn't give a sh!t about its customers and ignores these issues that we face. They just leave us to suffer with the faulty inferior product whilst they make more money releasing a "new" version of it.

Message 54 of 58
Tofu-Golem
Apprentice

@WilsonNWT wrote:

Finally my problem is solved by pressing factory reset (using a needle) over A MINUTE. Pressing for one second just reboot the router but pressing as long as possible (i guess i have pressed it over a minute) will actually reset to default.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Seven seconds. You only need to hold the reset button for 7 seconds to do a factory reset.

Message 55 of 58
denperss
Aspirant

Well i still have the hardware warranty on the unit ?
Message 56 of 58
decl
Tutor

I gave up and stopped using that router. I switched to a mesh network by TP-Link with zero issues. I’m not considering Netgear for the foreseeable future.

Background: my RAX40 router failed as soons as 2 weeks in from purchase date, then a month after. In btoh cases I had to spend more than two hours with tech support for EACH time. The third time the SAME issue happened I was already past the 90 days, when the tech support guy told me that in order to continue support, I had to purchase extended support. UNBELIEVABLE! Bye Netgear for a really %$&@ while.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 57 of 58
Chana88
Apprentice

Yes mine still got couple months warranty left on it

Message 58 of 58
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7