× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 dropping signal

LSIMM
Guide

Has anyone tried or heard any noise around the v2 RAX40 model?

I notice from comparing the two user guides, the only difference appears to be an upgraded CPU from dual to triple core.

So wondering if this might be the root cause of all issues on the v1 model?  That being they tried to use an underpowered CPU to deliver all the features and functionality & it cant cope, this might also explain why on firmwware version .88 they have removed support for ODMA etc... 

All looks very much like bad design from the start, which they are now having to remove features from the firmware so the underpowered CPU can cope.

If this is the case, the v1 product should be a recall and everyone should at least have the option to swap for a new v2 model (if its actually any better).

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 101 of 107
z3n
Guide
Guide

Do you really trust Netgear after all this? Selling you a defective product, go radio silent until you purchase a Premium Support plan? Did you see the stunt they try to pull on the other guy where they promised a new firmware, but just gave him the same Beta one over and over?

This company is shady as heck and there is no way I'd let anyone buy anything from them again. Friends don't let friends buy Netgear.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 102 of 107
LSIMM
Guide

Cant say I trust them at all nope.... but would rather they replaced everyone's defective routers with an improved model, than us all having to purchase something else out of our own pockets.

Mines 18months old, so outside the hardware warranty anyway, so my only choice is to buy something from another brand and NEVER buy Netgear again.

Message 103 of 107
itsmehuey
Luminary

These bastards knew all along that it was faulty and did nothing but hide it behind broken promises of firmware updates only having to remove functionality which was marketed for the device. Even the mods and admins here did nothing for us even seeing all of the posts and threads regarding the faults. I tried to get my v1 replaced for the v2 but they outright refused and told me that techs and engineers had to do further isolation testing.

Netgear are such a corrupt company.
Message 104 of 107
whyfy
Tutor

That's it I'm out. Strongly recommended by in-law, I purchased Asus RT-AX82U. it's been up for 6 days and not a single signal drop. Moorland vpn never lost connection, All Teams meetings this week were crisp and uninterrupted, no need to switch Whatsapp video calls to cellular. I can say RAX40 was my worst purchase and mistake for 2020. Good luck y'all!

Message 105 of 107
whyfy
Tutor

still do not know what took me so long

What took me so longWhat took me so long

Message 106 of 107
Chana88
Apprentice

Good move that's exactly what I got after the crap rax40

not one single drop out