× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX40 freezes broadcasting

mae_sikder
Aspirant

RAX40 freezes broadcasting

I have bought 10nos nighwalk AX3000 router for my office.  But i am in extreme trouble- these routers stops broadcasting SSID or do not release IP to clients or sometime gets default configauration autometically. I tried with 3 routers, all have the same issue. No one is performing well. No firmwire uapdate is availble in online. Please help. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX40 freezes broadcasting

Hi mae_sikder,

Have you had a moment to perform a factory reset on your router(s) by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds using a pin/needle?

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
mae_sikder
Aspirant

Yes  I did. After factory reset I can get access, configure the device and with in 2-4 hours it becomes auto factory setting or stops broad casting or stops accepting new device. I am facing this problem only with this model. Other netgear AC series is quite stable. 
Last day I have downloaded a firmwire from website and implimented it, Since then it works fine. But I am still worried. 

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi mae_sikder,

Please feel free to provide an update regarding your issue on the current firmware version you're on.

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
mae_sikder
Aspirant

Thanks for the support. I have implemented V1.0.3.88_1.0.1,

As per Netgear Suggestion (https://kb.netgear.com/000062596/RAX40-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-88), it says-

"

• This firmware version does not support OFDMA, WPA3, and Smart Connect. If you wants to use these features, roll back the firmware to the last version V1.0.3.80.

Whatever, I had to establish a stable connection threre I did that. Till now connection is stable. I intentionally overlooked 2 features -Smart Connect features and OFDMA. 

Infact, we dont expect such problem from netgear. TP-link and other brand works better in Bangladesh. But Netgear has good brand image...!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7