× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 is unstable. Keep shopping

jjw001
Tutor

RAX40 is unstable. Keep shopping

If you are considering a purchase of the AX4/RAX40 router DON'T DO IT.  Keep shopping.  I reported this 'restart and lost configuration' problem three weeks ago and netgear still hasn't solved the problem.  Netgear sent me a replacement (I had to pay for return shipping)  expecting something to change.  It didn't.  The replacement RAX40 even required a firmware upgrade to connect to the ISP modem. There are serious problems with this device.   Don't waste your money.

I have reinstalled my older R6300 and my network is stable and working.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jjw001 - Have you gotten in contact with support since receiving your replacement? 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 5
jjw001
Tutor

Yes many times.  Basically, they have just told me they are working on it.  They have been unable to solve the problems and refuse to refund my money.   I honestly think they lack the expertise to fix these problems.

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello jjw001 - Would you mind sending me a message with the current firmware version the router is on and your latest case number. I'd like to assist with support following up on your report. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
jjw001
Tutor

I am running the latest firmware version listed on the RAX40 support page.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7