× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX40 unsecure connect to peerserver1-ncal.netgear.com

mldlylt
Aspirant

RAX40 unsecure connect to peerserver1-ncal.netgear.com

I just received this router today. After setup and connecting to internet I'm seeing continuous connection attempts to peerserver1-ncal.netgear.com over unsecure ports. Luckily my security appliance is blocking these outbound connections from the router but I cannot find any documentation on why this is occurring.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

The port number alone does not imply it's an insecure connection. Provide more details - capture the data and post.

Based on the host name, this is related to Leaf Network technology used (and acquired) by Netgear for the Nighthawk App based remote administration, for the ReadyCloud access to the RedyShare USB device(s), ...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The port number alone does not imply it's an insecure connection. Provide more details - capture the data and post.

Based on the host name, this is related to Leaf Network technology used (and acquired) by Netgear for the Nighthawk App based remote administration, for the ReadyCloud access to the RedyShare USB device(s), ...

Message 2 of 3
mldlylt
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply. I was primarily concerned about the reason why this outbound connection attempt was being made and you answered that. I will include a screen shot of the message I was receiving from my security appliance.Netgear Router error.jpg

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7