× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX43 dropping wifi and wired connection

alMoZz
Aspirant

RAX43 dropping wifi and wired connection

Hi,

I am having some issue with the RAX43 router bought a couple of months ago.
RAX43  - Nighthawk  AX5   5 Stream AX4200 Wifi 6 Router

This router keeps dropping wired and wifi connection almost daily, which requires a reboot of the device. I bought this router to replace the one provided by the internet provided, which never had this kind of issues. 

Not sure what kind of info I can provide to debug this. From looking up[ this issue in internet, it  seems that one of the causes could be the firmware.

Any info?

Ale

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX43 dropping wifi and wired connection

1. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

2. what firmware is on the router? 

3. when it drops, does it say "connected, no internet", does it not connect at all, what actually happens when it drops? (details help)

Message 2 of 4
alMoZz
Aspirant

Hi Plemans,
thanks for taking the time to help.

1. The router is connected to a optical terminal for Fibre connection provided by Chorus (the fibre provider in NZ). I'm not sure what modem is it, but I can provide the serial number if it can help

2. V1.0.2.82_2.0.50

3. When it drops, it's the wifi and wired connection that drops, so I'm not able to access the router to check its status and I can't really say for sure  if it's connected to the internet or not. Looking at the lights on the router it looks like it's still connected. A few time a tried to wait to see if the connection (wired/wifi) get back, but it never did and the only fix was to restart the router. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

have you tried a simple factory reset of the router?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7