× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX45 Firmware Auto Update/ Update From Within GUI

K-Med
Aspirant

RAX45 Firmware Auto Update/ Update From Within GUI

Hey guys, this post is actually about an RAX45, but regardless I can't seem to get this router to update it's firmware from within the GUI without doing so manually. The check firmware button works, finds a firmware and then I receive an error about the GUI Language missing and it just reloads the main web gui page again. Going out and uploading the .chk file manually seems to work just fine, but I just find it odd that I've now updated the firmware about 4 times this way and the originally problem of not being able to just update it within the update feature remains.

Anyone else have this issue with this router or similar models?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX45 Firmware Auto Update/ Update From Within GUI

What modem is it connected to? 

the only other though I'd have is its kind of actually a good thing. I see the most issues with corrupt firmware using either the auto update method, updating over wifi, or updating via the app. I usually recommend people disable the autoupdate and do it manually for the best results. 

Message 2 of 9
K-Med
Aspirant

It's connected to a Technicolor modem that I've put in bridge mode. Never had an issue with my Asus updating automatically, just weird. Pretty disappointed thus far with this RAX45, but who knows..maybe it'll grow on me.

Message 3 of 9
plemans
Guru

Which technicolor modem? 

And not all bridge mode's function as they should. (sadly)

Message 4 of 9
K-Med
Aspirant

It's a Model:TC8715D

Message 5 of 9
plemans
Guru

Easy check if its working in bridge mode as it should? 

Put it back in router mode and put the netgear in access point mode. does it auto-update? 

Message 6 of 9
K-Med
Aspirant

Yes Sir, double checked bridge mode and made sure I wasn't double natted. It's fine, I'll just live with this for a bit, lol.

Message 7 of 9
SloJogger
Initiate

My experience was similar but, unlike yours, I was asked if I wanted to update the GUI language immediately the router reported that the GUI language had not been updated along with the firmware. I clicked through, and the GUI language updated after successfully downloading the file. I updated the firmware immediately after unboxing and initializing the modem and router and before doing anything else. I don't remember now whether I had the presence of mind to disable ad blocking software in my browser prior to getting started and was curious whether this would be something that might've affected your not getting the GUI language update prompt. I was using Chrome browser running on Mac OS with my laptop connected via ethernet cable to one of the router LAN ports. Perhaps you might try a factory reset and going through the same approach. I purchased the RAX45 from Costco and, so far, have been very pleased. 

Message 8 of 9
K-Med
Aspirant

You know, I have tried different browsers, but admittely I've been trying from the same machine. I have a Mac laptop I can attempt the next firmware upgrade with though and report back. What's funny is the most recent update I performed from the phone app and it went off without a hitch...go figure.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7