× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX45 NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET MODEM

McJoo
Aspirant

RAX45 NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET MODEM

OK, so I see many people posted  same issue in the forum, but non of them have answers.

Well, one of them had something like change DNS address from 8.8.8.8 to 8.8.5.5 or something like this.

However, it doens't work for me, because I can't even log on to my router to change any settings.

I've tried power cycling, reset, turn off for few days....

It is so frustrating.... 

I have Netgear CM1200 modem that I'm using with comcast.

from that modem, ethernet cable goes to the RAX45 internet yellow port.

Everything in the router is white light except the internet symbol is red.

This router worked fine for about a year, then about two weeks ago.. it stopped working.

It must have something to do with.. if it is the first router from the modem it doesn't work.

but I don't have any other router to test this.

I just hope at least I can log on to the router to see the settings.

routerlogin.net  and com leads me to download nighthawk app page

192.168.0.1 and 1.1 both says website not found... 

What the heck can I do?

Oh god.. now this website won't let me post this, because I have to put the label field with something that it likes... but everything I write as labels says are not available... what the hell.. what are available labels then?  why is Netgear making everything difficult?  router, connection, nothing works

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX45 NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET MODEM

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Have you power cycled the modem OFF for 30 seconds then back ON leaving the RAX On. 

Be sure that your RAX is the only item connected to the CMs ports on port #1. Nothing else should be connected to the CM modem. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7