× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX45 Nighthawk Router, 802.11ax does not work with Windows10 Laptop

jodyhama
Follower

RAX45 Nighthawk Router, 802.11ax does not work with Windows10 Laptop

I just purchased a Nighthawk Router with WiFi 6 (AX) at Costco.  I got everything set up, except when I tried to set up my Dell laptop with Windows 10.  The SSID name did not show up, we tried many things, and finally disabled the ax feature in the admin setup.  The SSID finally showed up.  Is there some kind of incompatibility with Windows 10 or Dell laptops?  I was able to set up my Surface Laptop, but I still don't think I am getting the full capability of the Router.  Is the ax feature only for New equipment?  Is there a patch or something to make it work?  My computers are about 3 years old.

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Updating the Wi-Fi adapter drivers often fix such issues. Integrators like Dell are often more than lazy with making driver updates available.

Message 2 of 4
whoopersky
Aspirant

I purchased a new  Lenovo P15s  laptop which was supposed to be able to use 802.11ax.

I have the 802.11ax SSID enabled on my router.

I have updated the Lenovo Intel network ax driver to latest version.

I have installed inSSIDer software.

I cannot see the SSID as a choice on my laptop as a network to join.

I dont see the AX on inSSIDer software either.

I dont know if the router is not working or if the laptop driver can just not see it.

There are many settings on the laptop network driver - so it may be a setting.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
Dan32
Apprentice

Intel just released a major wireless/BT driver update that fixes a long list of issues.  

If you don't have version 21.120.2.1, best to give that a try and see if it helps at all.  If you're not sure how to figure out what version you have, go to Intel and install and run their support assistant.  It will tell you if you need an update.  Windows 10 updates, including updating via Driver Manager, may not get you the latest drivers.  (That includes Dell's Update version of the same)

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7