× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX48 cannot transfer large files with USB drive

brucescar
Aspirant

RAX48 cannot transfer large files with USB drive

I have an external drive connected the USB3 port on the router. When transfering large files, I get 0x8007003b errors. When playing large video files, after a few minutes, the stream will drop. I recently purchased this router and have used this drive with an older TP link router without this issue before. Any ideas? 

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4

@brucescar wrote:

I have an external drive connected the USB3 port on the router.

And that drive is? Size and make? Connected with ReadySHARE?

This list will give you some clues, although it is far from comprehensive:

ReadySHARE USB Drives Compatibility List | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Is the Model: [A6210|AC1200 High Gain/A7000|Nighthawk AC1900] WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0 listed in your footer involved in this in anyway? Or did you just click the first thing that popped up when you wrote your message?

Message 2 of 4
brucescar
Aspirant

Thanks, it's a WD passport 1TB. There's no preloaded software or encryption. It works at first glance, I can see all files, add it as a network drive. I only run into problems transferring large files, or streaming large videos.
Message 3 of 4
brucescar
Aspirant

Sorry my model is rax48. I couldn't find it on the model list. I thought I left it blank. Is it possible to edit my post? I couldn't find a link to edit.

This thread seems to have my same problem, https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/RAX80-Problem-with-Readyshare-Larg...
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7