× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX50 AX5400 settings

bigmoe80
Guide

RAX50 AX5400 settings

so i have the rax50 and my settings are the way it came so when i enable smart connect  seem like the my wifi device stop working and/or froze so not sure why  it did that  

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX50 AX5400 settings

Your description of what issue you're having left a lot to be desired. A little better description of the problem would help us to understand the issue you're having. 

Also, what firmware is on the router? 

what modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 4
bigmoe80
Guide

well i have a cm1000 router  and not sure what firmware im on now i switch to trying out the 

rbk50 at the moment well it works fine until i switch to smart switch setting and then the seem like everything

had stop work or connecting and when i uncheck the box and everthing was back to normal as before 

Message 3 of 4

@bigmoe80 wrote:

well i have a cm1000 router  and not sure what firmware im on now....

That is not a router. It is a modem only device for cable Internet. This is the thing that sits between your RAX50 and the outside world

You need them get them both to work together.

@bigmoe80 wrote:

....not sure what firmware im on now i switch to trying out the 

rbk50 at the moment 

Without that information it will be difficult to begin to help you. You say you have been playing with the settings. The firmware version will be at the top of the screen when you start the browser graphical user interface (GUI). Top right-hand corner, next to the logout button.

it works fine until i switch to smart switch setting and then the seem like everything

had stop work or connecting and when i uncheck the box and everthing was back to normal as before 

What is that the "Smart switch" setting? It isn't something mentioned in the manual.

Where can we find the box you check?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7