× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX50 Advanced Tab Not Working

MM50
Aspirant

RAX50 Advanced Tab Not Working

RAX50 running V1.0.10.110 and Advanced Tab is visible but does not work with any combination of ipad/iphone and browser that I can find.  Advanced Tab is only works from my windows laptop.  I did a hard reset of router and multiple reboots of all devices but not working.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 14
dmitch77
Star

This has been broken since version 1.0.5.106, late last year. There are a number of other threads on this bug on this forum (see below). I was really hoping that this new update would solve the problem, but it doesn't. I have gone though official channels to NG to report the bug and get it fixed, to no avail. 

My experience: the Advanced tab cannot be accessed using any browser in iOS or iPadOS. It cannot be accessed using Safari in MacOS. It can be accessed using Firefox on MacOS. Firefox on Mac is my workaround (it's how I updated to version 110). 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/Latest-RAX43-Firmware-doesn-t-work...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/Unable-to-Access-Advanced-Tab-in-R...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/RAX48-quot-Advanced-Config-quot-page-inaccessible-on-...

i personally think that this is an inexcusably long time to have such a significant bug out in the field. I will never buy another piece of Netgear hardware.

Message 2 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Try going back to first FW version or a few versions after 1st version release? 

@MM50 wrote:

RAX50 running V1.0.10.110 and Advanced Tab is visible but does not work with any combination of ipad/iphone and browser that I can find.  Advanced Tab is only works from my windows laptop.  I did a hard reset of router and multiple reboots of all devices but not working.  Any suggestions?

Message 3 of 14
dmitch77
Star

Given the fact that the oldest FW version in Netgear's site is 1.0.5.106, and that that version also has the bug we're talking about, Netgear has made it quite difficult to revert to a working version. Not to mention the fact that the bug prevents access to the router's admin page that allows you to load a FW version from a file.

Message 4 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Actually here is v1.0.0.x and v1.0.2.x versions available on the RAX50 support site...

Message 5 of 14
dmitch77
Star

You are right, I missed that disclosure triangle. Anyway, I am unwilling to skip the recent security fixes so I'll just stay with the latest version with a broken UI.

Message 6 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Please send @DarrenM a PM and ask about a beta that maybe available. Seems that this was fixed for the RAX45 in a beta so there maybe one for the RAX50. 

Message 7 of 14
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Yes please send me a PM if you would like to try a Beta with a fix for this issue.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 8 of 14
dmitch77
Star

I am uneasy using beta firmware in something as critical as a WiFi router, particularly when there have been security fixes released recently. I'm curious: why didn't the fix that's in the beta make it into the new firmware (1.0.10.110) which rolled out this week?

Message 9 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

NG doesn't post or share if or when new FW updates will be forth coming. 

NG has made fixes to what is broke with the Advanced tab and was confirmed in the RAX45 thread that the beta they got fixes the Advanced Tab menu issue. Either try it or you have to wait for the next FW to be released to the public. No idea when this will happen. So don't ask.

Message 10 of 14
dmitch77
Star

"So don't ask."

That's really insulting. What the heck is wrong with asking? I was civil about it. Sheesh.
Message 11 of 14
MM50
Aspirant

PM sent.  Eager to try Beta as long as it includes all the security fixes.  

Message 12 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Not meant to be insulting, just making a statement. I was civil about it as well. Sheesh. 

@dmitch77 wrote:
"So don't ask."

That's really insulting. What the heck is wrong with asking? I was civil about it. Sheesh.

Message 13 of 14
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it works for you. Hopefully will fix this. 

@MM50 wrote:

PM sent.  Eager to try Beta as long as it includes all the security fixes.  

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7