× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX50 / RAX50S Firmware Version 1.0.3.96 - GUI Language Error

rrboedeker
Aspirant

RAX50 / RAX50S Firmware Version 1.0.3.96 - GUI Language Error

Trying to upgrade to firmware 1.0.3.96 on my RAX50. Fails with GUI language error.

Message 1 of 5
rrboedeker
Aspirant

Well I fixed it. Had to manually download the latest firmware version online. Then manually update the firmware. That got me to an intermediate new firmware level. Then I was able to use the automatic firmware update to get to version V1.0.4.100_2.0.64. All good now. Unclear why I had to do a manual intermediate step, but it worked. Up and running on the new V1.0.4.100_2.0.64 version with no issues.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would recommend a full factory reset and setup from scratch as well to ensure any odd issues like this are fully cleared out. 

After the router is set back up, Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy.

Message 3 of 5
rrboedeker
Aspirant

Don't need to at this point. The fix I did worked, router now at latest firmware level and running like a watch. In any event, while an odd 2 step update process, now all solved.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to keep in mind.

Enjoy. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements