× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX70-100NAS would not stay connected to wireless or wired connection

Godofkitchen
Follower

RAX70-100NAS would not stay connected to wireless or wired connection

I just bought this new router RAX70-100NAS Tri-band router.

Installed it last night and everything was connecting up, and I updated devices to connect to the 2.4G & two 5G bands it had. 

I also had my tv and blu-ray players wired with LAN cables hoping they get uninterrupted connections. 

But 20-30mins into using the new connections, I would loose connection on my laptop to work and also the tv would loose connection and then I realize everything has no internetl 

I am on the latest firmware version 

I had to reboot the modem and the router to get the internet connections back and then I finally called technical support for help and they did some channel changes but this morning the same problem was still there.  I need to be able to work , please can anyone help me, did I get a faulty netgear equipment?

Message 1 of 4

Re: RAX70-100NAS would not stay connected to wireless or wired connection

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Nighthawk Routers with WiFi 6 (AX) - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

Message 2 of 4
Chabon
Aspirant

I'm having a similar situation with the same router. It seems to work better with smart connect turned off but not totally reliable. With smart connect on it is not working.

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7