× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX70 Internet dropping

deepsouth06
Tutor

RAX70 Internet dropping

Ok so Yesterday I went out and bought an AX8 - RAX70 (for some reason its not in the available models) and setup it. All working well until this morning where I would notice my MS Teams would for about 1-2 seconds looks connection. Also another app Trillian was also loosing connection at the same time. Later in the day when both my wife and I were in seperate meetings both our meetings would loose connection for up to 20ish seconds; however the internet never completly went out. If I were to do a speed test I'd get my 100 down and 10 up. I'm really confused as i've never had these problems were only certain apps would drop in and out of connection. Any help would be greatly appricated. I'm already thinking of maybe doing a return but i dont really want to have to do that.

I am currently on Firmware Version V1.0.2.88

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX70 Internet dropping

Hello deepsouth06,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
JLit
Initiate

Re: RAX70 Internet dropping

@Christian_R it great that you refer people to support within the 90 day support period but can someone post the solution to the problem?  I've seen lots of posts but have yet to see a solution or a trouble shooting guide for the problem.  Can you post it?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7