× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX75 - Attached Devices menu "anomaly"

martinb0820
Guide

RAX75 - Attached Devices menu "anomaly"

Note: I listed the model as RAX80 because there is no RAX75 entry in the pick list.

Hardware VersionRAX75

Firmware VersionV1.0.3.102_1.0.48

GUI Language VersionV1.0.3.102_2.1.46.1

The following describes an anomaly I am observing (for the first time; I had never enabled the Guest Network before).

1. Without Guest Network enabled, the Attached Devices displays under both the Basic and Advanced tabs correctly enumerate the attached devices.

2. Enable 2.4 GHz Guest Network with "Allow guests to see each other... etc. set to unchecked.

3. Both Attached Devices displays are correct.

4. Connect one device to the Guest Network.

5. Both Attached Devices displays correctly show the device attached to the Guest Network as "2.4G Guest Wireless". However, one other device (NOT CONNECTED TO THE GUEST NETWORK) is also displayed as "2.4G Guest Wireless". This is not always the same device, and it can be attached to either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network. I have verified that the devices incorrectly listed as being connected to the Guest Network are in fact NOT on the Guest Network.

Note: The Smart Connect feature is not enabled. The 2.4, 5 and 2.4 Guest networks all have different SSIDS.

6. Turn off the device connected to the Guest Network.

7. Refresh the Attached Devices - still incorrect as described above.

8. Wait awhile (I haven't quantified this), with the guest device still off - the display eventually becomes correct.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7