× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX75 IPv6 Preferred InterfaceID Not Working

raksul
Follower

RAX75 IPv6 Preferred InterfaceID Not Working

Greetings!

I bought an RX75 from Costco and I have been overal satisfied with the product. However, there are some issues that I am experiencing that I can't find help anywhere about this.

1. Occasionally WIFI from the router will not distribute IP addresses although other WIFI access points can.
2. IPv6 option (checkbox) for "Use this Interface ID" can be checked, the prefix (or Interface ID) is filled out, the "Apply" button pressed, and the webpage reloaded. However, the checkbox becomes unchecked an the interface ID is never applied.

I have internal IPv6 servers that are static and would prefer not update their prefixes ever time there is a software upgrade. Is there any particular way to solve these items?

Cheers!

Raksul

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX75 IPv6 Preferred InterfaceID Not Working

Hello Raksul,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7