× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX75 Wireless Drops every hour exactly

uofmjoker
Follower

RAX75 Wireless Drops every hour exactly

I have been having problems with my router dropping my wireless signals hourly on the hour exactly.  My wired computers are fine, no issues, only on my wireless.  I am running Google Chrome Internet Connection log, which shows me the disconnects. 

My router is only a few months old, and along with giving really bad wireless stability, it totally locked up the Web interface in the past few days.  It was still functioning though, but barely.  I did a factory reset, updated to the latest firmware, and the problem persists. 

Also interestingly the 5ghz isn't showing up consistently on my Wifi analyzer tool on my Samsung.  I have been sticking to 2G on most of my devices due to the unreliability of the 5ghz signal.  

I am running a RAX75 router with a R7000 router elsewhere in my home running in wired AP mode.    My AP and Main router are fixed on different channels to prevent interference. I have 46 devices in my home, probably 20 of which are wired. 

Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX75 Wireless Drops every hour exactly

Hi uofmjoker,

Did you purchase the router recently? What firmware version is your router currently on? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
iamharry
Aspirant

I have the same issue and it's actually sometimes multiple times in a hour. I'm on the latest version 1.0.3.102

Message 3 of 4
marcshep
Aspirant

I have the same router with the exact same issue but multiple times a day all day.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7