× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX75 reboots while loading GTA Online on Xbox One

unklequacker
Follower

RAX75 reboots while loading GTA Online on Xbox One

I have an issue where the router will completely reboot itself when I try to start GTA Online on the Xbox One.  I had this same issue with the last router (which is actually why I decided to upgrade to the AX75 - Costco Variant).  I had the X6S router before this.  I have played with every conceivable setting and can't seem to get anything to work for any length of time (Port forwarding, port triggering, XB1 in DMZ, guest network, turn off all other network traffic, static IP, dynamic IP, UPnP enabled and disabled, QoS on and off).  I just can't seem to figure out a solution.  It's not the Xbox because it happens on both Xbox's I own in my house and when my son takes his xbox to his mom's house, he doesn't have an issue there.  I'm starting to wonder if maybe it's the Cable Modem as well?  It's also a netgear modem (CM1100).  I've tried using the aggregate internet connection on it as that's the only setting on the modem I can change, but obviously it didn't work.  Has anyone seen something similar? Any more ideas for me to try?   I'm kind of reaching the end of my rope here and am about to just go to a different network setup w/out a netgear router. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Perez324
Aspirant

Re: RAX75 reboots while loading GTA Online on Xbox One

I’m going to tell you this right now. Scrap both the router and modem. The firmware on both are bugged. I had the same issues with my AX8 router and CM1200 modem.

Any time I started a party on Xbox it would cause my entire network to reboot. The firmware on it doesn’t allow Xbox to connect online gaming. I had this issue for months (since October) with no resolve scanning through the forums.

I finally gave in and went with an arris sb8200 modem and the linksys velop mx10 system. No disconnects. No network flops. Everything just works. Netgear’s firmware is horrible and I was a loyal Netgear customer. Couldn’t take it anymore.

My AX8 router and CM1200 modem are just sitting on the living floor since I’m out of my return window.
Message 2 of 3
zcapogna
Aspirant

Re: RAX75 reboots while loading GTA Online on Xbox One

Just a quick note, same problem with my RBK852.  Have AX features disabled.  3 different Xboxes.  All crash my mesh system during GTA V load.  Switch to cellphone hotspot, works fine.

Would love a fix.  Xbox and game maker will not fix if cause is in router.

Netgear fix this.  At $799 for a mesh system, this is unsat.  Took me long enough to learn Amazon Echos don't work with AX enabled (default seting)...in fact nothing works with AX enabled except iphone 11s.  WPA3 is another feature that isn't supported yet.

But Xbox online gaming?  Happy to be part of the solution Netgear if you reach out.  I replaced a Nighthawk 7000 for top of the line RBK852.  And now I have to hotspot to play games?

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7