× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX78 Router and MR60 compatibility

Aldirouter5369
Aspirant

RAX78 Router and MR60 compatibility

Hi - first post here.  I have an MR60 Mesh router system with 2 satellites that I bought to increase coverage in my house.  This system works fine.  I am currently in the process of changing my Verizon Fios from TV/Internet/Phone package to just Internet and phone.  The new package will have much better speed.  In anticipation of the conversion  I purchased the A6200 router.  What I would like to do is have the MR60 Mesh system extend the A6200 router network.  

THE MR60 has its own SSID and Password and the A6200 also has a unique SSID and password.  I looked through each manual and am not finding a straight forward answer.  The Nighthawk App on my Phone seems to only let me manage 1 router.  ( which is now the A6200.

So basically I want to use the MR60 system as a passthrough  using the A6200 SSID

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Model: A6200|802.11ac Dual Band WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: RAX78 Router and MR60 compatibility

Ok, RAX78 is the router model - AX6200 is just a WiFi and sum-of-max-link-rate marketing speed.

The Nighthawk App can either manage the device where the mobile device with the App is currently connected to, or any other which must be configured for Anywhere Access. So you have to change the connection to the MR60/MS60 Mesh system. There is a home icon (on the Android App it's top left), from there you can change the managed system.

It's always possible to use a Web browser for the administration, I would suggest to start with the primary device, I guess this would be the RAX78. On this device you should be able to find the IP address of the MR60 which is still in AP mode one would guess under the attached devices. Voilà, use a second browser session and you have management admin access to both devices.

Message 2 of 3
Aldirouter5369
Aspirant

Re: RAX78 Router and MR60 compatibility

Hi - Thanks for the quick reply I will try the suggestions you outlined in your response

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7