× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX78 does not acknowledge Ethernet cable

AggieChymist
Aspirant

RAX78 does not acknowledge Ethernet cable

I have followed the app line by line. Unplugged my hardwire fiber to home. Unplugged the router. Waited 10 minutes. Plugged them all in one by one, it won’t acknowledge the Ethernet connection, keeps saying I am not connected. But when I plug in a laptop directly, I have perfect internet. Why? Why won’t this router work?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX78 does not acknowledge Ethernet cable

what fibre ont do you have?

Message 2 of 6
AggieChymist
Aspirant

I don’t know what a fiber ont is.

I have gotten the router to accept internet.... but only though my current router.... so now I have two routers running.... help still needed.... but I at least know that the router isn’t broken. I just don’t know how to get the router to recognize the internet.
Message 3 of 6
AggieChymist
Aspirant

By running the main line through a switch, I am able to get the router to run.... any suggestions on why this is, or how to fix it?
Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

what switch is it? 

Message 5 of 6
AggieChymist
Aspirant

Belkin.

It’s running now.... due to having the switch there.... I just don’t see why it has to be there, my previous NetGear didn’t need that. It accepted the main line without anything else.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7