× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX8 Router Wifi 0.8 mbps

Louisville502
Follower

RAX8 Router Wifi 0.8 mbps

So i have 400mbps Internet in a 1850 sqft open floor plan house.  My cell phone is Wifi6 capable as well as my PC.  i have a ring camera on the outside of my home.  The RAX80 is for a 2500sqft home, so i figured i could get fast speed anywhere around my house.  My PC when hooked up with ethernet gets over 300 mbps, but with wifi6 (less than 50 ft away from the router and around the corner) i get less than 1 mbps.  My outside ring camera rarely produces a recording, even though the signal strenth is decent.  Connecting to the live feed is nearly impossible.   My cellphone on the other hand usually gets over 400 mbps.  Is there a obscure setting that im missing?  My ISP supplied router did better that 1 mbps and could atleast live view my ring camera.  I have to be missing something with this router. What am i doing wrong?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
duckware
Prodigy

Re: RAX8 Router Wifi 0.8 mbps

Is your router on the latest firmware?  If not, note the current version number (in case you need to revert), and upgrade?

Next, from a problem device, what PHY speed are you seeing on that device?  See duckware.com/wifi#PHY

From PC/ethernet, what are the results of pinging the ring cam with "ping -l 62500 CAMIPADDDRESS"? (step two at duckware.com/ring#troubleshooting)

Message 2 of 3
duckware
Prodigy

Re: RAX8 Router Wifi 0.8 mbps

And for testing only, what happens to speeds when you uncheck "Enable AX" under the wireless settings?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7