× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80-100NAS Unable to get firmware to updrade

Daven64
Aspirant

RAX80-100NAS Unable to get firmware to updrade

I open the router control pannel, it says upgrade available.  I say yes and it trys to update language table but just sits there flashing every 10 sec or so.  Allowed it to run for 25 min and no change.  Closed down my brouser and shifted to Microsoft Edge, and got the same result.  Tried on two computers - Windows 10 and Windows 11.

Both computers are Dells - Windows 10 is a model 8930, windows 11 is a model 8940.  Both are runing with Norton security.

Current GUI Language - 1.0.4.120_2.1.46.1

tring to go to 1.0.5.132_2.1.46.1

Current Firmware - 1.0.4.120

trying to go to 1.0.5.132_1.0.69

Any assistance appreciated

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Daven64
Aspirant

Re: RAX80-100NAS Unable to get firmware to updrade

Thank you

After several trys I was able to get a manual update to work and the router now shows it is on the current firmware.  Again my thanks

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Message 2 of 5
Daven64
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.

Using the routerlogin.net sent me to Netgears web login page - so I used http://192.168.1.1 address, logged in and instead of just clicking the Upgrade available tab, I went into administration and tried to Update router.  Same result as I reported earlier - just cycles approx every 10 sec flashing the 192.168.1.1 address in the lower left corner of the screen.

I did notice that the connection showed "unsecure" or unlocked in the web address window although it was by ethernet connection.  Not sure that would make any difference.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

That's why I said manually updating. You download the update yourself, extract it, and then manually upload it to your router. 

Message 4 of 5
Daven64
Aspirant

Thank you

After several trys I was able to get a manual update to work and the router now shows it is on the current firmware.  Again my thanks

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7