× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80- Can't use LAN Ports (no LAN/WAN) - Serious Issue

migsta
Apprentice

RAX80- Can't use LAN Ports (no LAN/WAN) - Serious Issue

Just bought the RAX80 and very disappointed thus far.  Can't use the LAN ports on it as having any connected to my switch(es) will result in the network going down (no LAN or Internet).  Once I remove the swtich connections and go to a Netgear 5 port gigabit hub, I come up online with my entire network.  So, I have the netgear hub connected to one of LAN ports on the RAX80 and my switches on the hub.  What's up with this.  And, I know it's not an issue in my network and numerous Asus routers work from there including previous Netgear models (R8000P, XR500 and X4s) have had no issues there.

Netgear, let me know what you think also as this is a serious issue which may result in returning the router.  But, I don't wish to incur shipping costs with Amazon US if I have to return it so please come up with a proper scenario to get me out of this situation (upgrade to another RAX model or a full refund on this from you).  This is not an acceptable situation for a product of this magnitude.  And, yes, I do have a TON of Sonos equipment wired into my switches but none are directly connected to my router.  And, this shouldn't pose an issue either way.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX80- Can't use LAN Ports (no LAN/WAN) - Serious Issue

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements