× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 DHCP server not forwarding DNS now...

Networthy
Follower

RAX80 DHCP server not forwarding DNS now...

My much coveted 90 days of support are over. It's funny how they give you 3 months to get setup - as if you will never make a single network change after that time... Things are a bitt better than that in Australia for warranty situations btw.

So I updated F/W as per their nagging email asked me to - to avert a security flaw. DHCP server falls over within 2 days. So I went back to 1.02 F/W and the DHCP worked again. Then after 2 weeks, the DHCP server started to fail again. So now I'm on the very latest F/W and the DHCP server fell over imediately. This is entirely on you, Netgear.

It's actually quite clever that Netgear embed Armour into their router - this is to enforce brand loyalty, as opposed to Netgear's loyalty to their customers.

So Netgear, you sold me a pricey router, but you broke it with bad F/W. You now want me to pay you to get support for a broduct that you broke?! I'm not paying you a single cent more - I'll tell you that for free, just this once. I spent ALL day yesterday attempting to fix Netgear's problem, perhaps netgear support should pay me for doing their job on my ENTIRE Good Friday...

My next stop is the ACCC where I might just ask them to forward you an invoice for my triple time. I ain't cheap either...

So, I currently have no workable DHCP server, luckily I know how to go static for my devices that do allow static IP's to be set. I have tried the DHCP server on my GSM7248V2 managed switch, but that is hopeless for managing address reservations - it only allows a total of 15 entries! Good work, even your 'pro' stuff is useless.

I need a concrete F/W fix for this issue asap, at no further expense to myself before I go with another brand. I have been with Netgear since 2001, soon I won't be. Prioritise your customers for once for goodness sake. Make us feel valued...

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7