Highlighted

RAX80 Drops Internet Constantly

Hi, All -

Yesterday I just about threw my RAX80 and EX8000 in the garbage. 

The router has been "ok" in terms of reliability since I got it roughly half a year ago.  Started off great, but still found myself resetting it here and there, which I understand is basically the norm.  Now over the last 2-3 months, I'd be shocked if I went an hour without the internet not dropping or resetting itself.  My desktop is directly wired, so any drop is generally quick enough that it just appears to be intermittent lag.  Anything connected wireless takes several minutes to reconnect or sometimes I need to do a full router reset.

Charter sent me an upgraded modem three weeks and now the problems are significantly worse.  The drops are more frequent and the signal strength is up and down.  Charter was adament it's nothing on their end as they have seen no issues whatsoever, even so, they did send a refresh signal.  I also directly plugged my desktop into the modem when the wifi dropped; worked great.

Yesterday the signal was down every 10-15 minutes.  I did a full factory reset, in addition, I went online and looked at multiple different setting tweaks to hopefully remove the issues (port forwarding, higher priorities, etc.).  On the plus side, while downloading a game update on the Xbox, I went from a 2.5ish Mbps to a 55-65 Mbps and a latency close to 200 down to 70-80; however, the intermittent drops continued. 

In fear of me causing more issues with the setting tweaks, I did another factory reset...actually I did three.  I could not get the reset to even bring my internet back.  Eventually I did get the internet set back up.  For kicks and giggles, I unplugged the extender last night hoping this was causing the issues and not the router; nope, internet still acting the same.

Any suggestions or do I have another faulty Netgear product?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: RAX80 Drops Internet Constantly

I have orbi50 system and your story is the same as mine orbi50 experience..... If I reset them it works for one hour......then I have to reset them for them to work....

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Same problem. Been trying to talk with Netgear support, not being much help. I will update my post as they get back to me.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted

I got absolutely no resolution from calling support.  What a joke.

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Same issue here

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I trow it out of the window and bought some thing else.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements