× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 - Extremely slow internet download speeds

chrisridge
Aspirant

RAX80 - Extremely slow internet download speeds

I just installed my Nighthawk AX8 router that I have connected with Comcast/xFinity with 1.0 Gbps service.  My wifi connection are good and stable, but the download speeds are severely limited to 1-2 Mbps on all of my devices.  The FW version I have is the latest - v1.0.3.102 that I had update during set-up.  I have tried enabling QoS, I have tried enabling ipV6 and nothing seems to help.  Is there any settings that would limit the internet bandwidth like this?  I would hate to have to return this item.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

A couple things. 

what modem/gateway do you have from comcast? 

since its a new purchase, it probably updated its firmware. the RAX devices respond favorably to a factory reset/reinstall after changing firmware. Have you tried this? (i know its new but it should have auto-updated on install)

What speeds do you get hardwired in? 

What speeds over 2.4ghz?

And 5ghz?

What site/device are you testing on? 

you also might post in the AX forum for better help. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Message 2 of 4
chrisridge
Aspirant

Replies in bold below

what modem/gateway do you have from comcast?  I have my own cable modem.  A Netgear CM1000

since its a new purchase, it probably updated its firmware. the RAX devices respond favorably to a factory reset/reinstall after changing firmware. Have you tried this? (i know its new but it should have auto-updated on install)  I have done a factory reset twice

What speeds do you get hardwired in? I haven't connected to the hardwired ports yet

What speeds over 2.4ghz? 1.0 - 2.0 Mbps

And 5ghz? 2.0 - 3.0 Mbps

What site/device are you testing on? Tried speedtest.net, xfinity speed test, and Ookla.  They all say my speed sucks.  

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

If you connect a device directly to the modem, what speeds do you get?
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7