× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 FW-Update 1.0.3.102 caused complete reset of router and outage

bdschwar
Guide

RAX80 FW-Update 1.0.3.102 caused complete reset of router and outage

Dears,

I'm really upset: Having had issues with the buggy 1.0.3.98 version I updated today to the most recent version (1.0.3.102 by 4th September), and this rubbish completely resetted my router with all questions to be answered from the very beginning and without any connect possible (even restored the former settings) to init7, the most powerful Swiss provider.
I'm now back to 1.0.3.88 with all functions working again and definitely disabling aut-update functionality.
When will you release a proper actual version with an accurate description of side-effects within the release notes or are you @netgear not interested in working professionally?

Regards
Bernd

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX80 FW-Update 1.0.3.102 caused complete reset of router and outage

Hi Bernd, 

Thanks for sharing your feedback. May you try updating to the latest firmware version manually using a wired device. Please let me know if your issue persists. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
bdschwar
Guide

Re: RAX80 FW-Update 1.0.3.102 caused complete reset of router and outage

Dear Christian,

I never flash a device differently than connected wiredly and as FW-update-assisstant did not work, there was no choice than to try it manually. So the issue still exists and why should I have a new try with the same version as it's still the latest one?
My provider clearly stated no issues on his side, the router could/did not connect after applying the patch, so what do you want me to tell?

I will not apply this rubbish again...

Regards

Bernd

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7