× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX80 FW Ver 1.0.10.140_1.0.79

georgeachang
Aspirant

RAX80 FW Ver 1.0.10.140_1.0.79

Hello, 

Been experiencing some strange behaviors on my router lately, specifically towards WiFi which once it blocks or disables for some reason the only way I can recover from it is by doing a hard reboot (power off/power on) rebooting via the app won't resolve.

Symptoms are that on a normal day of operations, it would simply stop on certain devices, as in not detecting any of the available WiFi networks for some odd reason my smartphone remains connected but TVs or a PS4 or a smart speaker they just hang on to the IP address but there is no talking/communicating thru the network hence the internet.

This behavior has misled me into several actions where my cable modem (CM-1100) sometimes it just goes red on the last 2 icons (network) I would have to physically unplug everything, wait around 20/30 secs then power on the CM1100 wait until it syncs with ISP then I would connect it to the router eventually it will sync and reestablish internet access on my WiFi but until the next interruption occurs which happened on 11/28/22, where 2 of my TVs simply stopped streaming even though they had an IP address, this is the first time out of all other issues a router may have that my WiFi signal both bands are directly impacted, there was a time where the WiFi button was off and I did not turn it off... 

Any advise/comments is appreciated.
GA.

Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7