× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 Firmware V1.0.1.56_1.0.23 needs work!

BubbleCat
Star

Xinil, I think you definitely should return it if you're able to. Many of us are beyond are return window and are regretful =(

Message 76 of 109
jforce66
Aspirant

Yes, after a month of stable connection using .40 we are back to continuous drop outs and reboots. There seems to be no opvious reason or pattern to figure out what or why this is happening. All it is doing is annoying the entire household.

Message 77 of 109
JJsalsa
Guide

HELLO? Netgear??!

Is anyone listening?  Do you have any ETA for a firmware for the RAX80 that actually works or is my expensive router a paper weight?

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 78 of 109
jforce66
Aspirant

Has anyone upgraded to the new firmware yet??

1.0.1.62_1.0.26

Message 79 of 109
SAM_the_GAM
Luminary

@jforce66 wrote:

Has anyone upgraded to the new firmware yet??

1.0.1.62_1.0.26

I upgraded already. A few issues I was experiencing with 1.0.1.58 such as WAN / LAN disconnecting then reconnecting at random times still is occuring in 1.0.1.62. However, I have since rebooted the router and for the past 24 hours have not had any WAN / LAN disconnections / reconnections on 1.0.1.62

Message 80 of 109
BubbleCat
Star

Rob114, your posts aren't very constructive. 

Message 81 of 109
JJsalsa
Guide

Personally, I'm okay with people venting here.. It's pretty frustrating if you buy a $300 router and it is unuseable or unstable. I'm curious also to hear from people that have no problems. They presumably exist if Netgear sold thousands of these units, no!?

It is still a mystery to me why people posting here have such massive problems while others don't (read reviews of the unit on retail sites). What is it that we do that causes such issues? I feel that my installation is not that complicated, although I have close to 25 devices attached to it, some with pre-assigned I/P addresses and others without. I have one port forward rule. I try to name all my devices so they are easily identifiable. What makes the device become psycho?

J

Message 82 of 109
BubbleCat
Star

The issues are important to address, and I'm frustrated too, but name calling and getting all pissey isn't going to help solve the problem.

Wireless:

50 devices

Wired

7 devices

and about 50 port forwarding rules for games. I manually assign IPs to each device based on MAC address

Message 83 of 109
Pmkrocks
Aspirant

No but It actually gets their attention to wake the hell up. Stop being a snowfalke and telling others how to talk. I'm in the exact same boat and I'm extermely unhappy with my purchase. Don't tell others how they can or cannot express themselves.

Message 84 of 109
Pmkrocks
Aspirant

Yup. Still performs like hot garbage and rebooting does very little to solve the LAN dcing issues. Videos will hang when it happens if they haven't buffered enough data. Games will go from stable to 300 plus ping and casue what looks and feels like packet loss. I swaped my old Cisco router to test. Played for hours with no fail. I wish I could leave it and call it a day but sadly my house hold needs this router to maintain the device amounts. I'm still extremly pissed on netgears poor handleing on this.

Message 85 of 109
rob114
Aspirant

I.m using 7 wireless devices no wired devices would you want a car that breaks down every 5 miles you would want your money back fast someone has to wake them up
Message 86 of 109
rob114
Aspirant

I would love to hear from someone who is not rebooting it often and find out what they have done to make it reliable or have they all put it back in box and called it a bad experience
Message 87 of 109
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Community, 

As the subject of this thread relates to a previous firmware, I would recommend posting your issue(s) on an existing thread or creating a new topic with the firmware version included in the subject. In the meantime, we are closely monitoring the threads and have escalated the feedback to our engineering team. For immediate assistance, you may use the link below to get in contact with our Support Team. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Respectfully,

Christian 

Message 88 of 109
bgunther64
Tutor

Not rebooting often here.... Once in 4 days. And have typically been good with only occasional reboots needed....1 every two weeks or more.
30+ devices, multiple streaming.... Not experiencing much of what people are seeing. Can't explain why. Speed is awesome. Distance is great.
Message 89 of 109
rob114
Aspirant

What software are you running. Mine needs to be rebooted every morning. 2 rokus 2 phones 1 laptop 2 tablets. Several times 15 min later it was down again. Thanks
Message 90 of 109
rob114
Aspirant

It seems the wifi is going down i dont have anything wired so i cannot tell if the wired part is working but it drops wireless signal for no reason i see there is new software what changed in it relating to the wireless section. Thanks
Message 91 of 109
bgunther64
Tutor

Windows 10, windows 7, centOS, wearOS, Android 9, iOS, Chamberlain garage door, wink 2, etc.... Wireless and wired devices.
Am now on the .62 firmware for a few days.
Had previously combined my 2.4/5g under a single ssid and use the guest network extensively
Message 92 of 109
SAM_the_GAM
Luminary

Went back to 1.0.1.56 from 1.0.1.62 due to the LAN / WAN disconnecting. However, the GUI Language version is still for 1.0.1.62. 

Message 93 of 109
JJsalsa
Guide

Tryed 1.0.1.62 briefly yesterday after dusting off my thus far unstable RAX80 and it failed in numerous ways within the hour. LAN/WAN disconnect, unstable to web interface (or App). Got stuck updating device names or assigned I/P addresses. Not sure what they're doing over there but it's not progress...  (The most stable release to date was .40)

Message 94 of 109
StaticLNX
Star

I've got the exact same problem as JJsalsa does:

@JJsalsa wrote:

Tryed 1.0.1.62 briefly yesterday after dusting off my thus far unstable RAX80 and it failed in numerous ways within the hour. LAN/WAN disconnect, unstable to web interface (or App). Got stuck updating device names or assigned I/P addresses. Not sure what they're doing over there but it's not progress...  (The most stable release to date was .40)

Message 95 of 109
kemcro
Guide

I took my Asus RT-AX88U that was in service for 17 days without having an n issue or reboot (with two  AX clients) to test this release on the RAX80 and it dintn't last an hour without random clients disconnecting and horrible internet speeds.  back to my Asus AX888U and everything is stable again.  Shamefull netgear, get your act together!    Love my netgear cable modem but this device is garbage in its current state of hardware/firmware.

Message 96 of 109
myersw
Master

+1 on cable modem. My Netgear modem runs well also. 

I do not understand how Netgear can be so screwed up on the router firmware side of the house. It is obvious that they do not test for issues being fixed as there is the same issues release after release. Now they have put out firmware where tabs for managing are missing. How would this ever get by a good quality control? While others have issues, Netgear seems to be going out of their way to be the worst. 

Message 97 of 109
Dazzamatazz
Tutor

Just bought an RX80. Configured and it through the app. The connection lasts 2 minutes on most devices before dropping on a variety of devices. Then I get a message "password incorrect", even though it's not. Found out on this form that it has trouble with special characters. Well, that's useless then for a password!

Registered the product, then went to support portal and it told me that my "complimentary 90 days technical support expired on 2019-10-29". Today is August 3rd., so had to contact tech support to get support on the support portal so that I can then get support on my router. Not a great start.

Having looked at the comments here, I think I'll be sending the RAX80 Nightmare back to Amazon. Years ago, I bought a Belking pre-n router that gave me no end of trouble. Looks like this router has been released as a beta-test product on the public. I bought the router lots of forums complained about the Virgin Media (UK) cable modem/router. They installed today and their router is way more stable than the Nightmare. Interestingly, Arris are releasing the TG9442, an ax standard gigabit cable modem. I'll see if I can get one through my cable service provider.

Also did some research into commercial wifi as I don't have a problem when at work. Interestingly, some of the new Cisco® Catalyst® 9117 ax-standard Access Points include spectrum analysis software built into an ASIC chip to analyse and work-around interference. They're extremely expensive though - somewhere around £800-£1,200.

I'm extremely disappointed in Netgear. In the past I bought ProSAFE switches and a ReadyNAS that were rock-solid, commercial-grade quality and they have lasted for years.

Message 98 of 109
rob114
Aspirant

I just upgraded to newest software and have been up 5 days so maybe someone is listening when you get pissy to netgear you are on the right track dont stop now this can be a great router it just should not have been released with bugs i hope i did not jinx myself
Message 99 of 109

@Dazzamatazz wrote:

Just bought an RX80. Configured and it through the app. The connection lasts 2 minutes on most devices before dropping on a variety of devices. Then I get a message "password incorrect", even though it's not. Found out on this form that it has trouble with special characters. Well, that's useless then for a password!

I can think of vqarious things that mighyt cause that.

Did you just come here to complain about Netgear? Or do you want help? If so, you'd be better off starting a new discussion.

You have joined in on an existing conversation that may or may not have anything to do with your problems.

There is a good chance that the official support team is busily monitoring new conversations and may miss your addition to this one.

If you want help with your problem, check all previous stuff that may be related. Then start your own discussion. In this was you can also provide the information that the forum suggests that you provide.

If you do decide to ask a question, you really need to provide more details. For example, as this is a router, it helps to know what modem you are using and the various things that you have tried to fix the problem.

Message 100 of 109
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7