× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 Firmware Version 1.0.3.102 seems to have a time zone bug.

Nmouneimne
Apprentice

RAX80 Firmware Version 1.0.3.102 seems to have a time zone bug.

I installed 1.0.3.102 and the time zone setting would not stick. Stuck at central. Had to rollback to  .88 for things to work. With the pandemic and my whole family working and learning from home, I can't be a beta tester for Netgear. 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Nmouneimne,

Have you had a moment to factory reset your router after updating to v1.0.3.102? 

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
Nmouneimne
Apprentice

I did not. Has someone verified that the Router needs a factory reset after this firmware update? If you know that a factory reset is required, I will reload the new bios and try. Otherwise, I will just let the beta testers handle. Also, I do not recall seeing instructions indicating a factory reset was required or recommended after this update.

Message 3 of 5
jcax
Star

I agree both factory resets and reconfigurations from scratch are a pain, and I'm not defending the quality of releases or beta-level firmware being released.

That said, doing a factory reset while on (beta) build 99 and then allowing the initialization routine to upgrade the device to build 102 did clear-up an issue for me. Note that I DID NOT restore settings from a backup to the 102 firmware, I reconfigured from scratch.

I think that path I took is essentially the net same as upgrading to 102 and then doing a factory reset.

Just food for thought.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
TheInterWeb
Guide

And I see you got the same responce as I did 🙂    Search for this this: "NTP BUG in RAX80 FW v1.0.3.102"   - we are not alone.... 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7