× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX80 HP Printer Problem

BGJ0912
Follower

RAX80 HP Printer Problem

I have had the Nighthawk RAX80 router for about 10 months and it has worked great.  I recently added an HP printer (HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 series) to the Network and have had nothing but trouble.

The problem I am having is the Air Print rarely works.  So when you go to print the I get message that says looking for printer. 

-If I go on the printer wireless page it shows my network and a good connection.  From my computer, or any other devices the printer will not show up to print.  In addition, on my NightHawk app the printer does not always show up under devices even during the times when it will print.

I have a macbook air with the latest OS - 10.15.7.  We also have Windows computers in our house and they are experiencing the same issues.

Not sure what is going on, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
yamaha33166
Aspirant

Hello. I was having the same issue with two different wireless printers.

The printers would connect via WIFI with no issues and they would have an IP address assigned.

I would be unable to ping the IP addresses and therefore unable to print.

After chatting with support, they adviced me to change the 2.4GHz and 5GHz configuration from AUTO to the highest channel.

That has cleared up the issue for me.

I thought AUTO would have worked best since it is supposed to scan for busy channels but that does not seem to be the case.

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 3
jcax
Star

I'm in a total Windows environment, but also had some trouble with getting HP printer (ENVY Photo 7800) reliably connecting to my RAX80 and devices being able to print. 

Confirguration that solved it for me was to only connect the printer to my 2.4GHz SSID, and to remove credentials for my 5GHz SSID. I'm guessing this is similar end result to what yamaha33166 suggested.

Prior to making that change, a power-off/power-on recycle of the printer would temporarily clear things up.

Cheers!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7